STRATEGIC FLEXIBILITY – THE BASIS OF THE HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP PARADIGM
Keywords:Agile for HR, Agile leadership, Talent Management, Traditional Human Resource, Agilityoriented Human Resource, investment in the well-being of Human Resources, Human Capital Management.
Models of long-term planning of enterprises under the conditions of VUCA-world are replaced by models that allow forming dynamic advantages. These benefits are based on knowledge and innovation. The urgency of implementing Lean-Agile management methods in organizations was substantiated. A study of the factors of contradiction between the administrative and substantive functions of HR management was conducted. It has been demonstrated that HR departments are beginning to apply only general principles AGILE management to demonstrate and support staff performance and talent development. The system-forming values that underlie the concept of AGILE HR are shown.
The personnel management operating system content based on the application of the principles of flexibility in the implementation of HR-management functions is revealed. The possibility of using Agile for HR is proved by the fact that employees for the company act as a client (the resource in which the company is interested) and a user of the experience of other employees.
The penetration of Agile thinking into HR contributes to the formation of a new consumer value for the employee, which consists in job satisfaction, self-improvement and fair career growth. On the other hand, values are formed for the organization. Emphasis is placed on the need to develop human-centered practices. AMO-model was used to disclose the drivers of the implementation mechanism Agile HR.
How to quote:
Martynova LB, Korzh NV Strategic flexibility is the basis of the paradigm of human capital management and leadership. Scientific notes of the National University "Ostroh Academy". Series "Economics": a scientific journal. Jail: View
NaUAA, March 2021. № 20 (48). Pp. 67–75.
Formula: 0; fig .: 0; tab .: 0; bibl .: 25.
1. Wouter Aghina, Karin Ahlback, Aaron De Smet, Gerald Lackey, Michael Lurie, Monica Murarka, and Christopher
Handscomb (2018). The five trademarks of agile organizations. McKinsey.com. https://www.mckinsey. com / businessfunctions / organization / our-insights / the-five-trademarks-of-agile-organizations (2021, February, 18). [in English].
2. Wolfson B. (2015). Flexible project and product management. СПб. : Питер, 2015. 144 с.
Vol`fson B. (2015). Flexible project and product management. SPb. :
Peter, 2015. 144 p. [In Russian].
3. Agile Manifesto. <https://www.agilealliance.org/agile101/12–principles–behind–the–agile–manifesto/> (2021,
February, 18). [In English].
4. Kniberg H., Skarin M. (2010). Scrum and Kanban: squeeze the maximum. Kiev: InfoQ.com, 78 p.
Kniberg Kh., Skarin M. (2010). Scrum and Kanban: vy`zhimaem maximum. [Scrum and Kanban: get the most] Kiev:
InfoQ.com, 78 p. [In Russian].
5. Katzenbach J., Smith D (1992). The Wisdom of Teams: Creating High Performance Organizations. Boston,
MA: Harvard Business Press. http://scrum.org.ua/wp-content/uploads/ScrumAndKanbanRuFinal.pdf (2021, February,
22) [In English].
6. Krichevsky RL, Dubovskaya EM (2001). Social psychology of a small group. M .: Aspect Press,
2001. 318 c.
Krichevskij R. L., Dubovskaya E. M. (2001). Soczial`naya psikhologiya maloj gruppy` [Small group social
psychology]. M .: Aspekt Press, 2001. 318 p. [In Russian].
7. Lepilina A. What is Agile. A Guide to Flexible Methodologies, or How to Work Usefully? Part 2.
Business blog on the website of the publishing house "Mann, Ivanov and Ferber". 2016. <https: //biz.mann–ivanov–ferber.
ru / 2016/07/17 / chto – takoe – agile – gajd – po – gibkim – metodologiyam – ili – kak – rabotat – s – polzoj – chast – 2>
Lepilina A. What is Agile. Guide to flexible methodologies, or How to work with the benefit? [Hyde Agile, or How
to deal with benefit?] Part 2. Business blog on the website of the publishing house "Mann, Ivanov and Ferber". 2016. <https: // biz.
chast – 2> (2021, February, 22) [In English].
8. Beck K., Beedle M., van Bennekum A., Cockburn A., Cunningham W., Fowler M., Grenning J., Highsmith J., Hunt
A., Jeffries R., Kern J., Marick B., Martin R. C., Mellor S., Schwaber K., Sutherland J., Thomas D. (2001). Manifesto
for Agile Software Development. <http: // Agilemanifesto.> (2021, February, 22) [In English].
9. Sutherland D. (2017). Scrum. A revolutionary method of project management. M .: MYTH.
Sutherland D. (2017). Scrum. Revolyuczionny`j metod upravleniya proektami [Scrum. A revolutionary method of
project management]. M.: MIF. [In Russian].
10. Lewin K (1999). Experiments in social space. Reflecions, 1 (1), 7 - 13. [In English].
11. Pochebut LG, Timofeev Yu. T., Ivanov EM (1987). Brigade form of labor organization and promotion
social activity of workers. L .: LSU Publishing House, 46–49.
Pochebut LG, Timofeev Yu. T., Ivanov EM (1987). Brigadnaya forma organizaczii truda i povy`shenie soczial`noj
activities trudyashhikhsya [Brigade form of labor organization and increasing the social activity of workers]. L .: izdvo LGU, 46 - 49. [In Russian].
12. Bloomberg M., Pringle C. (1982). The missing opportunity in organizational research: Some implications for a
theory of work performance. Academy of Management Review, 7 (4), 560 - 569. [In English].
13. García J. A. M., Thomas J. M. (2016). Deconstructing AMO framework: A systematic review. Intangible Capital,
12 (4), 1040 - 1087. [In English].
14. Jiang K., Lepak D. P., Han K., Hong Y., Kim A., Winkler A. L. (2012). Clarifying the construct of human
resource systems: Relating human resource management to employee performance. Human Resource Management
Review, 22 (2). 73 - 85. [In English].
15. Appelbaum E., Bailey T., Berg P., Kalleberg A. (2000). Manufacturing Advantage: Why High-Performance Work
Systems Pay Off. The Academy of Management Review, 26 (3), 459-462 [In English].
16. Boxall P., Purcell J. (2003). Strategy and Human Resource Management. London: Palgrave Macmillan. [In
17. Schmidt C. T., Heinzl A., Kude T., Mithas S. (2014). How agile practices influence the performance of software
development teams: The role of shared mental models and backup. In: Project Management and IS Development. Thirty
Fifth International Conference on Information Systems, Auckland. <https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/048b/c875df549a
2d1fda6d34e98fab5f72121028.pdf> (2021, February, 22). [In English].
18. Crowder J. A., Friess S. (2015). Agile Project Management: Managing for Success. Cham: Springer International
Publishing. Crowley. [In English].
19. Alashqur A. (2016). Towards a broader adoption of agile software development methods. International Journal
of Advanced Computer Science and Applications, 7 (12), 94 - 98. [In English].
20. Agile practices, collaboration and experience - An empirical study about the effect of experience in agile
software development. In: P. Abrahamsson, A. Jedlidschka, N. A. Duc, M. Felderer, S. Amasaki, T. Mikkonen (eds.).
17th International Conference on Product – Focused Software Process Improvement (PROFES’16). Norway: Springer.
R. 348 - 356. [In English].
21. Lurie E., Popov A., Trdatyan E. (2014). How to look to the future: assessing the potential of employees. HRTimes, (26). <http://www.ecopsy.ru/ publikatsii / kak – zaglyanut – v – budushhee – otsenka – potentsiala–
employees. html> (2021, February, 22).
Lur`e E., Popov A., Trdat`yan E. (2014). Kak zaglyanut` v budushhee: oczenka potencziala sotrudnikov [How to
look into the future: assessing the potential of employees]. HRTimes, (26). <http://www.ecopsy.ru/ publikatsii / kak–
zaglyanut – v – budushhee – otsenka – potentsiala – sotrudnikov. html> (2021, February, 22). [In Russian].
22. Global Human Capital Trends. The New Organization: Different by Design, 2020. <https://www2.deloitte.
com / content / dam / insights / us / articles / 6935_2021 –HC – Trends / di_human – capital – trends.pdf>. (2021, February, 22)
23. Crowder J. A., Friess S. (2015). Agile Project Management: Managing for Success. Springer International
Publishing: Imprint: Springer. [In English].
24. Ulrich D. How to achieve the result of HR-transformation (1998). https://top-career.ru/hr_transformation_
ulrich. (2021, February, 22)
Ul`rikh D. (1998). How to get the results from HR-transformation [How to Achieve Results from HR-Transformation]. <https://top-career.ru/hr_transformation_ulrich>. (2021, February, 22) [In Russian].
25. Lawrence B. 2018. What’s Next? Disruptions in HR. HR Certification Institute. <Https://www.hrci.org/community/blogs-and-announcements/hr-leads-business-blog/hr-leads-business/2017/12/01/what's-next-2018-disruptions -inhr>. (2021, February, 22) [In English].
This magazine is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 International License.
The texts of the journal's articles are checked with the help of an anti-plagiarist